If you have a Right Hand Drive Earlybay you will possibly have a sloppy throttle rod that goes through your chassis, over the years people have possibly welded on washers to reduce the play.
With this kit you can fit a new bearing onto your original rod, so do away with the play and give you zero slop.
- Remove the roll pin that holds the end piece on. (This is the lever that pulls the cable or releases the cable )
- Then the end piece should just pull off, this part may come straight off, or may need heat to remove it. (It will have been on there for many years)
- Once the end piece is off, clean the shaft up using some sandpaper/wet and dry paper to clean off the corrosion, until the bearing slides over (slide bearing and holder up to the section that’s worn).
- Using the bearing holder mark through the 2 outer holes, then drill 2 holes and bolt the plate on.
- Lubricate the shaft and fit the new end piece and secure in place with the supplied roll pin. Then reconnect the long rod that goes to the main throttle kit.